Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Poem:If My Lord asks me



LET'S WATCH!!


(إذا ما قال لي ربـــّي )
If my Lord asks me 
 “Have you no shame in disobeying me? 
You hide your faults from my creation  
yet full of sin you come to Me" 

 So what will I answer? O' Woe to me, 
and who shall protect me do you see?

I keep forestalling my soul 
 with thoughts of hope from time to time  

And forgetting what is to come after death,
and after I am warped in the sheets of the dead 

As if I have guaranteed living forever, 
 and that death will not overcome me

Then the harsh drunkenness of death overtakes me,
who now will be able to protect me? 

I looked at the faces, is there not from amongst them 
who will  ransom me?  

I will be asked 
 what have I put forth in my life to save myself

So what will I answer, 
after I’ve been neglectful regarding my Deen

O’ woe to me, did I not hear the
Speech of Allah calling  out to me?

Did I not hear what has come in Qaaf'n, wa Yaseen'i

Did i not hear of the day the crowds will be summoned, 
the day we will be collected, and the day of al-Deen'i

Did I not hear the caller of death 
calling me; seeking me

O my lord a slave to you I come repenting, 
who than shall grant me shelter?

Other than an oft-forgiving Lord, 
to the truth he will guide me

I  have come to you, so have mercy on me, 
and make heavy my weights

And lighten my reckoning you are the best 
of who will bring me to reckoning.

Translated by Abu Hamza

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...